ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Guys: situation

Fekula

All-Big Ten
May 29, 2001
Sorry I have been out of pocket for awhile. I am in deep graduate school and now am facing a spinal column surgery on Friday -- a repeat performance from three years ago. I have a herniated disc plus some other spinal issues; mostly proof that I am an old man. Completely sucks that Maryland is hosting the ACC Field Hockey Tournament this weekend and I won't be there; haven't been there for a lot of games in all the sports I usually cover, and I am not happy about it. My health has been problematic at times going back three years now, so I have to take care of myself; that's all there is to it.

I am just thankful that all of you have been keeping up with this, especially TMAN who has been all over the M-Soccer scene. I want you to know how much I appreciate what you are doing. You guys are a blessing.

I have been able to se the televised games -- the Clemson game last week was brutal, but glad I could see it. Beats the hell out of some of these College Game of the Week games that we have seen like Montana State Penitentiary vs. Hare Krishna Tech. Reading your reactions to the Clemson game below, I would say to take heart. They just had too many guys out for whatever reasons plus they were on the road plus Clemson may have been underrated plus it was still October, etc etc. I have no doubt the Tigers needed the game more than the Terps needed it. Terps have plenty of talent and are going to get a high seed anyway -- even if it isn't the #1 regional seed, they should still be hosting at least the first two rounds of the Show -- they usually do and you can thank the fans for that.

I just said on the Premium Board that Men' Soccer may end up with more fans than Football is getting. Nobody laughed. If you ever start worrying about any of our non-rev teams, just think: how is Randy Edsall feeling now? It doesn't matter how many games Sasho Cirovski loses; he will never have to worry about Mike Wise, Tracee Hamilton, or John Feinstein writing columns about him.

Good Luck Mike with your surgery. My prayers are with you young man.

Mike, take care of business and God Speed. Poly keeps me straight when I cross the double line. U, me and Poly will have to have a cold one together when things are back to normal for you to talk about Sasho's next move on getting an expansion to Ludwig. Who would of thought the soccer team would outdraw the last Maryland football game in attendance. WOW!

TMAN.

Thanks guys....btw, Ethan White named to U-23 camp

OK, it was a joke about M-Soccer outdrawing Football. Football actually had 39K fans which soccer would love to have but who knows!

Meanwhile, I see that Ethan White was just named to the U-23 camp -- this is the group from which the Olympic Team will be selected. The coach is Caleb Porter of Akron. Interesting....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT