ADVERTISEMENT

Here's what I saw

Terpgrad89_

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 19, 2003
First, I think normally blaming refs for a loss is the rhetoric of losers but I can see where the rhetoric is generated after today. That was a horrifically called game at both ends on both teams. The disputed out of bounds calls were running at about a 50% correct call run rate. The foul on Dez on the blocked shot at the end and the MSU player that lost the handle on the way up for the shot that Layman was called for were just atrocious. BUT they were bad both ways.

Second, Izzo is the best game management coach in the country now that Gary is gone.. This, IN MY OPINION, is MT's greatest flaw. he is NOT a great game coach and I know, for some, that statement disqualifies me from no longer being a "real" Terps fan but reality is a bitch.

Finally, it is VERY difficult to beat a well coached team three times in a row. I"m pretty happy we managed to sweep the regular season from them. We have a very good team with very good talent. If we had just a little better adjustments we could EASILY be a Final Four team. But you could see in the second half, we got outcoahced and the adjustments they made were good and we could not overcome them.

I will turn my Terps fan card over to the infants that make that argument although it will be made in Crayon so that it will appeal to their block-like senses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.