ADVERTISEMENT

Haskins and Jones decomit

Travel9822

Walk-On
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2005
I just read in the Baltimore Sun that both Haskins and Jones have decomitted from Maryland and jumped to Ohio State.
Personally, this Haskins kid has a lot to learn in life. He went out and "recruited" others to attend Maryland....oh, that sounded good, but to have a incoming freshman recruit for a school? His honesty and credibility as a person has hit rock bottom.....as for Jones, he may or may not cut it in the Big 10...
It has always been stated that a 5 star recruit in Maryland, my only be a three star recruit in Florida or Texas....so they say.
Yes, I am disappointed in that they decided to decommited, as both would have most likely started at Maryland.
Haskins and Jones will both find out that Ohio State will have many recruits at their positions that will be recruited each year, they might wish they would have stayed at Maryland.....so we will see.

Haskins committed to a staff that is no longer there. Lets not take this down a silly moral road that doesnt apply.

I just read in the Baltimore Sun that both Haskins and Jones have decomitted from Maryland and jumped to Ohio State.
Personally, this Haskins kid has a lot to learn in life. He went out and "recruited" others to attend Maryland....oh, that sounded good, but to have a incoming freshman recruit for a school? His honesty and credibility as a person has hit rock bottom.....as for Jones, he may or may not cut it in the Big 10...
It has always been stated that a 5 star recruit in Maryland, my only be a three star recruit in Florida or Texas....so they say.
Yes, I am disappointed in that they decided to decommited, as both would have most likely started at Maryland.
Haskins and Jones will both find out that Ohio State will have many recruits at their positions that will be recruited each year, they might wish they would have stayed at Maryland.....so we will see.

Sour grapes. If it makes you feel better to be critical of a young man because he received a better offer to play at his dream school then you have issues. Maybe he wants to win games and have a chance at a national championship. But whatever makes you feel better. Welcome to the B1G.

We are a basketball school that is trying to improve our football program so yeah it does hurt. We can't recruit like you guys. But I will take satisfaction in beating you in basketball by 35. Thanks for the welcome

Haskins committed to a staff that is no longer there. Lets not take this down a silly moral road that doesnt apply.
Haskins was on record after the Edsall removal that he committed to the University not the staff, so there goes your retort. Kid is an absolute inmature diva and his family is as bad. It's not a secret. Good luck with him. My gut is he will never be a meaningful starter for you.

Sour grapes. If it makes you feel better to be critical of a young man because he received a better offer to play at his dream school then you have issues. Maybe he wants to win games and have a chance at a national championship. But whatever makes you feel better. Welcome to the B1G.

Welcome to TSR, but it might be better if you have a clue about what you are talking about before chiming in. You don't know the history and the facts. Dream school, my ass. If you were here longer, you'd know that's bull.

Ahh, but, Grasshopper -- it DOES apply. Someone who took a moral road in committing, if only verbally, to come here, and served as a self-appointed recruiter and goodwill ambassador for a school to which he was not yet even admitted has a higher bar held out for him. That's a moral truth and a moral lesson that I hope the young man learns. "Silly moral road"? I dispute that, and I am one of those who has for the most part been less caustic on this matter.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT