ADVERTISEMENT

Hard to believe it TMAN ... but

POLY1967

Junior
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
McDonogh finished third in MIAA soccer.

http://www.varsitysportsnetwork.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=256&Itemid=1726&cf=2&sp=3

tough finish

Yea their finish doesn't justify their talent. But we both know soccer can be cruel. I've seen Maryland totaly outplay UCLA and MIchgian State the last 2 openers and still get beat.

With that said, just have their coach send some of that talent over to Ludwig. Wink wink.... t.

Md up 1 to Zip over Virginia

It's early in the game but Casey Townsend strikes for Md.

Ethan White and London Woodberry both out with injuries.

Nice win Poly

Big win over the defending National champions (UVA) last night. No luv lost between the programs and u know they battle for the same local recruits. Kind of interesting though that at least for the past 3 years now, Virginia has really concentrated on local recruiting (instate specifically) and not reaching out so much on the national scene. Can't argue to much on their strategy as they're coming off a NC year but we'll see how UVA is next year. They may loose Brian Owens and Wil Bates next year and that would be a blow to them but we'll see.

I'm greedy and would like to see Md get UVA in the ACC tourny again. I think it's a good matchup for Md going against UVA.

Re: Nice win Poly

I noticed when UNC beat them earlier this year, that the Tarheels made a big deal out of the fact that they had not beat them at Klockner in such a long time.

Make you wonder with Virginia and Wake having down years, will the ACC only send four teams ( Maryland, UNC, BC and Duke ) to the tournament.

MIAA tournament starts next week. This is the first time, in a long while, that I believe any one of 4 teams could win it ( Calvert Hall, MSJ, McDonogh and Gilman ).

Re: Nice win Poly

Maryland's got 2 tricky games next week. William & Mary come in and they're no slouches. They're very competitive and Md will have to play well after a big emotional win over Virginia. The college of Charleston also comes in on Friday and it's senior night. A lot of emotion for the seniors but COC , I believe is even better than Bill & Mary so the terps have their hands full. Plus Sean Flatley (ex terp) plays for CC and he will be charged to play the terps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT