ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Mother's Day to All Moms Here

Oct 19, 2004
By de Bay, mon.
Also, Happy Mother's Day to everyone's mom. I hope all here have had a chance to celebrate this day with that special person. For those whose mom has passed, may it be a day to enjoy the memories of her time here on Earth.

My own mom, age 90, went into the hospital on April 7 after a fall. We were afeared we might lose her. After two weeks at AAMC and another three at the rehab facility my beloved wife runs, looks like my mom will be returning home this week. She took a bump on her noggin so bad that docs thought she might have had a stroke. Fortunately, tests showed she hadn't, but had in fact suffered a subdural hematoma. The great work of physical and occupational therapists have her nearly as good as new -- obviously considering her age.

I realize we won't have her with us forever, but she will return to her day-to-day life, looking out in her own way for her son and daughter-in-law, grandkids, great-grandkids, and her Washington Nationals (sorry O's fans). She even has her own Bryce Harper jersey, so help me.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News