TheGodfather7

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2003
Today we could find out the start time, here's the lineup that we know so far:

Friday 10/18

Oregon at Purdue 8 pm FOX

Saturday 10/19:

Iowa at Michigan State Noon/3:30/4/7:30 pm (MSU Homecoming)

Nebraska at Idniana Noon/3:30/4/7:30 pm (Indina Homecoming)

UCLA at Rutgers Noon/3:30/4/7:30 pm (Rutgers Homecoming)

Michigan at Illinois

Wisconsin at Northwestern

Notre Dame at Georgia Tech

Four Homecoming games for the B1G to juggle here. Since Michigan and Illinois are both currently ranked, that will get either the Big Noon Slot on Fox or the NBC Primetime. Michigan is on a bye this week so they won't move down and Illinois is hosting Purdue so they shouldn't fall from the rankings. Since the best looking on paper Big 12 matchup (meaning I haven't looked up their records) is Baylor at Texas Tech and Deion Sanders is in Tucson, Michigan and Illinois will probably get that slot and allow Nebraska and Indania to go on NBC. That looks to be a subtlety attractive game (the Hoosiers and Cornhuskers are both off this week). But I could see those two games getting flipped.

Notre Dame is on the road which means that they don't factor into the B1G scheduling matrix and gives NBC a 3:30 pm slot if they want it. See-BS however does have one and I can see Iowa at MSU getting that.

Wisconsin at Northwestern has BTN 3:30 pm written all over it.

Something I've been keeping an eye on is the number of Noon kickoffs for the new West Coast schools, UCLA had one last Saturday at State Penn. Washington is a getting one this week at Iowa which is Central, not Eastern Time zone, but still amounts to a 9 am body clock kickoff for the Huskies. I doubt the B1G does that more than once a season to the West Coast teams, so UCLA at Rutgers will likely land a 3:30, maybe 4 pm kickoff on FS1/BTN/Fox.

That leaves us with another Noon kickoff since this is USC's final trip out of the Western Time zone for the regular season. BTN is the most likely TV coverage though a head's up if you have Comcast as your cable provider, watching the game on TV will be a problem. Not that I was looking to, but I couldn't watch the USC-Minnesota game on BTN Saturday night in Alexandria, VA because of the BTN-Comcast Dispute.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.