ADVERTISEMENT

EXIT

TMAN

All-Big Ten
May 29, 2001
Paul Torres leaving terps program to pursue professional career. Needless to say this doesn't help Sash for 2011. This probably guarantees the frosh Shinsky starting day 1.

t.

No that doesn't help and it mainly hurts the depth, but it is a curious move. I didn't see Torres guaranteed starting time, so to say he is pursuing a professional career seems a bit ambitious; a lateral move to D1 mid-major might have made more sense. Right now he might catch on with a USL team but I don't see an MLS club picking him up unless it is as a freebie. And if he were to go overseas, then where? Hmmm....

A curious move to say the least. We haven't seen a kid bolt from the program this late since Robby Rogers and Torres surely doesn't have Robby's talents.

Definitely hurts the depth with Maryland and it makes Sash's squad now even younger. With Torress he was part of my equation of a midfielder with quality minutes and a pedigree in crunch time and would of added some leadership as an upper classman. Tough to plug a hole when your six weeks from the opener.

Now Sasho did experiment with Wydner Saint Cyr in the back four in the spring. Does he move Wydner back to midfield with Torress exit? Still we're plugging a kid with no experience into the equation. Tough situation. Guys like Karou Forbess have to really step up for Maryland.

Guess we can say the 2012 recruit class is going to get bigger.

t.

A-Shinsky

Looks like he gradually is becoming a bigger factor, as if he wasn't already. Oh, what the hell, throw him in and see what happens. It didn't hurt Taylor Twellman or Omar Gonzalez.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT