ADVERTISEMENT

Colgate/Navy LAX write up

sturdy4

All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Colgate/Navy breakdown

Someone asked a question about Dolan earlier in the week if the Colgate game was his best to date and the answer is yes. He is really good. Most of the goals allowed are before he is set up. Ie in transition or weird angles. Goalie went from a question mark to a strength.

So this week

Roman Puglise- Soph - #8 - SSDM - was the B1G Defensive player of the week with 12 ground balls

Logan Wisnuaskas- R. Soph - #12 - A - was named to the national team of the week with 13 points on 6 goals and 7 assists.

Other stats for the week

Jared Bernhardt - Jr. - #1 - A (7 Goals, 2 Assists)

Louis Dubick - Sr. -#32 - A - 6 goals, 1 assist

Anthony Demaio - R Soph - #16 - A/M - 1 goal , 2 assists

Bubba Fairman - Soph - #2 - A/M 2 goals, 3 assists

Overall some impressions I had were

- F/O’s are still a mystery

Henningsen got the start against Colgate and went 14-20 in a good rebound game

But Shockey got the start against Navy and went 16-23 at the X. No idea the pattern there but good results none the less

-Wiz’s passing ability is a thing to watch. It’s pin point and is leading to a bunch of slam dunks for Dubick. One of Til’s best coaching attributes I would say is his ability to take an absolute scoring machine ie Matt Rambo, Conner Kelly, and now Wiz and teach them how to become complete offensive players by finding the open man.

-finally some production out of the 2nd unit!

-Russel Masci #44 - Jr - M - got his 1st career goal this week

-Will Snider #5 - Sr. - had a clutch goal against Colgate and had an assist

-Zadwadski also had a goal

-Kyle Long - fr. - #23 - had 3 assists this week. Some consider him the best passer on the team already. His issue is he doesn’t look for his shot, he is going to have to work on that but he is getting increased PT

The defense has been really good. Makar had a much better week. I think the Colgate win showed me enough to say our defense is improving. They might not have the horses to run with the Terps but they have a very underrated and experienced collection of shooters and to hold them scoreless for 2 quarters and to only 6 goals, says a lot to me that they are heading in the right direction.

Next up Notre Dame on Sunday at noon.

They are coming off a loss to the Richmond team that gave us quite the scare earlier this year. So they should be fired up. Get your popcorn ready!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.