ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody watching USA vs. Costa Rica?

Fekula

All-Big Ten
May 29, 2001
A good game so far, scoreless early. Good to see Robbie Rogers in it. It figured he would get his chance with the new boss!

Maurice Edu and Clarence Goodson

Maurice also out there. Commentator Ian Darke just speculated as to whether Clarence would be on the roster for the friendly vs. Belgium coming up.
This post was edited on 9/3 1:22 AM by Fekula

Rodney Wallace Debuts For Costa Rica!

Now here is something you don't see everyday: former Terps playing against each other on national teams. Me thinks Rodney never got a fair chance with the USA national team, bounced around the MLS from DC United to Portland, etc etc and may have figured he had a better shot with the Ticos. Good for him! I did a brief Peace Corp tour in Costa Rica and loved the place and especially its people. I am happy for Rodney if he has a legit shot for Costa Rica and one senses he probably will.

Rodney Wallace Scores!

Just a matter of minutes after he subbed into the game, Rodney scores at the 65th minute to give Costa Rica the lead! Amazing! He scores on a diving header off a rebound shot to give his squad the lead -- and this game is being played at the Home Depot Center in California. Great for Rodney, Aargh! for the USA!

And Taylor Twellman is the sideline reporter!

Why don't they just send Sasho out there to do color commentary.

I am now entering some kind of Maryland Soccer Nirvana -- an alternative universe where Maryland Soccer somehow takes over the 4th dimension in a quantum reality or something.....

Re: Rodney's goal stands up as the game winner!

Dam.... I missed the game last night as I got home late from the Maryland game and watched the replay of the Maryland game.

t.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT