ADVERTISEMENT

Another Rivals150 hoops visitor expected this weekend...

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
Just talked to someone close to IMG four-star guard Eric Ayala and apparently he's moved his visit up to THIS weekend.

He most recently visited Miami and then of course everything went down yesterday with the Canes looking like they are implicated in this FBI scandal. So I've been told Miami is being eliminated (they were the frontrunner ahead of Maryland coming into yesterday) and Ohio St. has also been eliminated due to some recent commits along with Syracuse being eliminated. So he has decided to cancel his visits to Ohio St. and Syracuse and move up his Maryland visit to this weekend.

I'm told at this point, Maryland is in the drivers seat and that the staff has been open with him about why he wasn't prioritized earlier and he's cool with it. I was also told a visit to Oregon is still possible in the coming weeks, but nothing is planned as of yet.

Finally, don't expect a commitment during or right after his visit. I'm told he wants to go home and announce his commitment in Delaware with his family and friends there. But it sounds like a commitment is coming in the next two or three weeks at the latest.

Big development here.

Reactions: JoeTerp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News