ADVERTISEMENT

Another local Junior for Coach Pensky

***Really Good Midfield Get

pure midfield type, playmaker, attacking mid, which they will definitely need down the road. Molly Dreska graduates after this year, Lydia Hastings and Amy O'Sullivan the following year, so Brian will need a stud midfielder coming in. Becky Kaplan is redshirting this year, but will be a RS senior by the time Barger arrives. Barger was also Region I ODP; plays club with the Baltimore SC Bays. Honor roll student since the 6th grade; also played lacrosse last spring.
This post was edited on 11/12 3:06 PM by Fekula

Mike : A Follow Up

Hey Mike : When Coach Pensky offers a full scholarship to a player like Riley Barger, who doesn't play in the top eschelon of teams up here in Baltimore, is she projected more off of what he sees at the club level, as opposed to her high school play.

The reason I ask is , because of conflicting high school and college schedule I would guess Coach Pensky seldom gets to see high school games.

Thanks.
This post was edited on 11/12 6:53 PM by POLY1967

Re: Mike : A Follow Up

It has always been my impression that club trumps prep because overall the level of play is higher. Especially when you take into account she is a Region I ODP. ODP seems to be the leveler -- if you can make it at that point, it doesn't matter if you played for a top prep program or were home schooled by Buddhist monks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT