ADVERTISEMENT

ACC just got a lot stronger....

HTP1

Senior
Aug 1, 2001
with the addition of Louisville and defection of UMD. Louisville football and basketball programs are light years ahead of UMD.

HTP

Pitt just replaced two wins a year against UMD with with two really tough games vs Louisville. But, It will be fun.

HTP

You haven't experience NC game calling. You will be broke in a few years with ACC TV contracts, then who will you root for.

This post was edited on 12/31 2:27 PM by mrterp

This post was edited on 12/31 2:28 PM by mrterp

I like the addition of Louisville to the ACC....

Maryland is a dead end for colege football.... a sick program that has been rattling around on life support.

Although 2-19 against my Noles, I hadn't completely written off the Terps until the last two miserable years. Now it is Penn State who can pencil in the "W" before every season's start.

if Louisville is such a great addition, then why didn't the Big Ten, Big 12, or SEC want them?

...Because UK blackballed the SEC Invite and because ACC invited UL before BIG did. Any other questions??

What are you guys taking about? Please. To say UL are light years ahead of UMD is very poor analysis. Basketball I'll give to them. Hands down. But UMD isnt far behind. Football I'll say UL are a little ahead n MD hasn't prove to keep a QB healthy yet. The reports I've read says their looking better as an hole and have good depth on every spot. But I'll give it to UL right now as the better FB n BB teams. Edsall n Turgeon are building winning/ championship teams. So lets bring this up again next offseaon.

Originally posted by jjm353:
...Because UK blackballed the SEC Invite and because ACC invited UL before BIG did. Any other questions??
Nah, the B1G would never have invited Louisville, regardless of what the ACC did or didn't do. Louisville brings nothing to the B1G in terms of viewers/markets, and they aren't up to the B1Gs standards academically.

Originally posted by Cream&Crimson:
Originally posted by jjm353:
Nah, the B1G would never have invited Louisville, regardless of what the ACC did or didn't do. Louisville brings nothing to the B1G in terms of viewers/markets, and they aren't up to the B1Gs standards academically.
had 24 fullbright scholars in the last year. only duke and harvard have more.

nice try though

Wrong, Lville was informed by Big 10 their scholastic stds didn't make the grade, same for Cincy, Memphis.

Originally posted by candid:
Wrong, Lville was informed by Big 10 their scholastic stds didn't make the grade, same for Cincy, Memphis.

Will end up being the BIG's loss...Not Louisville's!!!

smokin.r191677.gif

Take it from a Penn State season ticket holder, the ACC has two teams and nothing else. Nobody cares about the ACC. Welcome Maryland, you just got paid and are in an all around better conference. The date next year when we play you in Ravens stadium will be a sell out and fun for both programs. Welcome aboard, glad to have you. The ACC is weak.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT