ADVERTISEMENT

A DBR present (kind of) for Terp fans

terpaddict

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 28, 2001
Newnan, GA
Usually when DBR links to an old BB game, it involves Duke in a victorious contest. Earlier today I was surprised to see the "You Tube Gold" feature was the Maryland rout of UVA in the 1981 ACCT semi-finals. I decided to watch a few minutes of that game, but when I clicked on the photo of Lefty in a wild sport coat, I went to the first round in 81 when Maryland played Duke.

That interested me because it was in 1980 when Maryland lost to the Dookies in the infamous "Buck was fouled" ACCT final. Knowing that the Terps had won the 1981 game, I watched it. For those who remember the players, it was Kenny Dennard who fouled Buck, and he played poorly in this game before fouling out. Enjoyd that.

I thought some of you might like to see it, and I'm even going to try to provide a link (www.dukebasketballreport.com). The problem is when I tried to retrace my steps before posting. the link took me to the Maryland-Virginia game.

The good news for me was that not only did I see the 81 Duke ACCT match, I was able to view several other Maryland games (UConn and Kansas in the 2002 Big Dance, as well as highlights from the comeback versus Duke in 2006 for the women's championship). Once you are linked to a You Tube game, you'll see many other alternatives as you scroll down the right side of the page. The last thing I'll mention is that the alternative clips vary when you go from one game to another.

Regrettably, some patience may be required, but I hope you'll get to see some glory moments from the past. A belated Merry Christmas from DBR.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News