ADVERTISEMENT

"Shameful lack of leadership"...Boomer

MdBubba

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Well hasn't that been pretty normal at the UMD since the Len Bias death? How about Wade giving a kid a t-shirt and a ride to school and we get real close to the death penalty, but yet North Carolina and countless other schools have done far, far worse and should have gotten the death penalty, but NADA, ZERO, ZILCH. The UMD Administration to include the BOR has shown little or no leadership in the 40 plus years I have been paying attention.

First, its OK to have a top flight academic and athletic university at the same time. No really, but IMHO its been apparent the UMD cannot walk and chew gum at the same time. If DJ is gone, and if Canada doesn't seem like the guy either which we wont know until the end of the season, then the UMD will need to hire a big time AD if possible and find a veteran head football coach whom has proven he can get it done. I know, I know that's a lot to ask, but the UMD Administration and BOR have lacked leadership and vision and common sense for far longer than care to admit. I mean just in the short term, both Edsell and Anderson where terrible hires and everybody knew it....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News